Jag tänkte utbreder våran websida och lägga till en blog. Har med lite motivation och funderingar kring detta:
1. The blog will be open to all SFT members. If you want to post regularly contact me, or if you prefer send your input and I can post it.
2. The blog is intended as a compliment to, not a replacement for SFT Nytt.
3. The blog will support advocacy for the profession, if somebody searched for konservator/konservering they have a higher chance of finding SFT if we have more content.
4. The blog will be a good source to refer to when somebody asks "what does a conservator do?"
5. Content from the blog can be linked to other websites/facebook/twitter to further promote the profession.
6. The blog can be another place to promote the book.
7. The blog can become a place to share knowledge and experience
Ideas for blog entries:
Placements and internships:
I already have a few people lined up to blog - Rebecka Karlsdotter will be at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian for 10 weeks in the summer on an internship (grattis Rebecka!) and will post from there, Anna Javer has two students on placement in the autumn and they will also post. If you have students working with you, and it is OK with your employer, put them in touch with me and they can post too. This helps them to document their experiences and have something to show to future employers.
Conferences and courses:
Promote one you are hosting, report on one afterwards
Do you already have a blog? Can we link to it?
Have a website but no blog? Use the SFT blog and link back to it.
Entries can be short and simply a recommendation of something to read somewhere else, or a longer discussion of why you chose a particular treatment, interview a colleague, write a short how to guide, review a book, answer a blog post on another website, review something on Youtube, recommend an exhibition, recommend a supplier etc, etc.
Examples of conservation blogs:
Har du fler förslag , vill du vara med och bloggar kontakta mig!